TEXT_The urban project defined the new configuration of the station district made necessary by the arrival of the TVG.
The station was moved in order to accommodate a multimodal hub: municipal and regional buses, TGV, TER and future tramway. The theme of the reorganisation of the concourse is “travel and the sea”. Construction of 90,000m² of built space (excluding external walls) (médiathèque, shops, offices and apartments): Agence Chavannes realised the entire project for the concourse including the urban furniture.
- PROGRAM_new station district and multimodal urban hub
- LOCATION_Saint-Malo (35)
- SURFACE AREA_6ha
- COST_€16m (public spaces)
- CLIENT_municipality of Saint-Malo
- DESIGNER_Agence Patrick Chavannes
- ROLE_general urban design role, client support, statutory transcription
- PHASE_completion 2006
- COLLABORATORS_infrastructure engineer: technical services of municipality of Saint-Malo / lighting design : Agence ON /