Due to the rapid development of the city, the authorities in Zengcheng plan to reorganise its station and integrate a range of other types of transport : long and short distance buses, two underground railway lines, national roads, taxis and a railway station which, it is planned, will welcome the high speed trains running between Canton and Hong Kong.
This new polarity enables the city to develop new mixed urban areas (residential accommodation, offices and commercial and service activities) in a close relationship with the new multimodal hub.
The urban design project thus makes it possible to create a coherent area through establishing connections between public spaces, the various transport terminals, the future residential areas and the various urban facilities and functions of the site.
Pole multimodal , Zengcheng, 2010
- PROGRAMME: detailed design of the district around the multimodal hub of Zengcheng
- LOCATION: city of Zengcheng – Guangdong - China
- SURFACE AREA: 183,061ha
- FEES: 1,000,000 RMB
- CLIENT: the city of Zengcheng
- DESIGNER: aaupc, zeta urban design institute of Guangzhou, University Sun Yat-sen + Guangzhou Hengxin Assets Assessment & Land Evaluation Consultant Co.,Ltd
- ROLE: general urbain design role
Economic forecasting / restructuring of the area / remodelling of the landscape
/ economic development / road layout / urban design project / masterplan / operational design