TEXT_The Charleroi Porte Ouest project addresses questions of urban strategy and economics and programmatic and social mix in the light of the extensive landscape qualities of the area. The intention is thereby to support the transformation of an industrial site by structuring the recovered area by focusing on its positive physical characteristics.
The project starts with the reconquering of the banks of the Sambre and the revelation of a landscaped valley as a means of establishing the right conditions for the installation of new urban projects.
This study is accompanied by economic and social analyses which make it possible to address problems in advance.
- PROGRAM_realisation of a masterplan
- LOCATION_Charleroi - Belgium
- SURFACE AREA_800ha
- CLIENT_municipality of Charleroi
- DESIGNER_Agence Patrick Chavannes
- ROLE_masterplan – consultation and communication