The city of Foshan has the ambition of becoming the international capital of ceramics. This urban design project of 110 hectares is based around a park and seeks to redefine the contours of the historic district of the city.
The entrance to the park on the main avenue gains its significance from the refurbishment of the former ceramic furnace and of a traditional Chinese village.
At the heart of the district, Shiwan Park is remodelled in a way which emphasises its connections with the city and establishes a hierarchy amongst its circulation routes as well as creating a high quality contemporary landscape.
A new park measuring 64.7 hectares is created for the city, offering its apartments, commercial buildings and public facilities a richly landscaped frame which is full of culture and economic vitality.
Parc céramique, Foshan, 2009-2010
- PROGRAMME: renovation of the historic district dedicated to the production of ceramics
- LOCATION: Foshan – Guangdong - China
- SURFACE AREA: 107ha
- FEES: 400,000 RMB
- CLIENT: design office of Sanshan new town of in the city of Foshan
- DESIGNER: aaupc, Guangzhou urban design institute (GZPI), University of Sun Yan Zi
- ROLE: general urban design role
Coordination / economic forecasting / drawing up of programme / project for the park / urban renovation project / project for the new district around the ceramic park
- PHASE_Concours 2009